Alison is available to host Awards Ceremonies and Conferences, as well as deliver talks and key note speeches about the unique experiences she has had as one of the country’s leading sports broadcasters.
Alison is once again hosting the Women of the Future Summit 2015 at the London Hilton on Park Lane. The day-long event in 2014 involved 300 delegates from 25 different countries. Alison introduced keynote speakers and hosted a panel discussion on stage (pictured below – @Erroll Jones).
Inaugural Dean’s Lecture, College of Sport and Exercise Science, Victoria University, Melbourne, 2015: Alison delivered an illustrated talk about her journey into sports journalism, detailing some of the extraordinary experiences she has had travelling the world to cover international cricket, Olympic Games, tennis and golf.
British Sports Book Awards 2015: Presenting from the Green room, interviewing award winners and fronting the highlights show which was broadcast on Sky Sports.
ECB England Cricketer of the Year Awards 2014 in the Long Room at Lord’s: Hosting the evening’s dinner, interviewing guests and award winners live on stage, keeping the event running to time.
LG ICC Awards 2012, Sri Lanka: Interviewing players and coaches live during the International Cricket Council Awards evening in Colombo (pictured below). Televised globally through the ICC’s broadcast partner.
– MCC Spirit of Cricket Cowdrey Lecture 2013: Conducting the post-lecture Q&A at Lord’s with Simon Taufel, Mike Gatting and Eoin Morgan
– ICC World Cup Breakfast: Hosting a panel discussion in front of the ICC Board members during the ICC World T20 2012 in Sri Lanka
– Live web streamed studio Q&A with former India cricket captain Saurav Ganguly, England captain Alastair Cook and spinner Graeme Swann for sponsors Jaguar and Castrol in Mumbai. Watch here
- Sporting Dinner 2012: MC and host for this popular occasion, interviewing Matt Dawson and Darren Gough on stage for the evening’s entertainment at Northamptonshire County Cricket Club
– Sports Heritage Network conference 2012: Panel host for discussion ‘Moving the Goalposts: Sport in Transition’
– Jaguar Academy of Sport: Host for a Tennis Masterclass and Q&A with Tim Henman and Andrew Castle 2012
- Hosting Chance to Shine’s ‘One Millionth Girl’ celebration at the House of Lords, Westminster, May 2014
– Hosting An Evening with Phil Tufnell on board the MV Aurora cruise ship: Conducting After Dinner Q&A with Phil Tufnell
– Pinsent Masons’ Starfish Conference
Giles Clarke – Chairman, England and Wales Cricket Board “Alison hosted the ECB England Cricketer of the Year Awards 2014, which was a glittering occasion with all the game’s key players and administrators. She was professional, charming and courteous, and managed to extract some amusing and sensible comments from the award winners. It was an immensely successful evening thanks to her. She is extremely knowledgeable about the game, and is the preeminent female commentator.
Hans Westerbeek, Dean, College of Sport and Exercise Science, Victoria University, Melbourne “Alison was the first foreign guest speaker at our Dean’s Lecture. She shared her pathway to success with a very diverse audience ranging from the academic community to national, regional and local sport industry stakeholders. From the feedback I received, our guests were particularly impressed with Alison’s ability to personalise her delivery and engage with the audience, yet showcase her impressive international track record, and path towards it.”
Pinky Lilani – Chair, Women of the Future “It was a total joy to work with Alison when she hosted the Women of the Future Summit. She was a true professional engaging with us in the run up to the event. Her preparation was fantastic. She was the perfect host – articulate, engaging and warm. She ensured that all the speakers were involved and enabled the audience to participate with ease. She has grace and style and we would definitely use her again.”
Adam Chadwick, Curator of Collections, Marylebone Cricket Club “The inaugural Sports Heritage Network conference was a terrific occasion, with Alison hosting the final session of the day in the Investec Media centre at Lords. Her relaxed and engaging manner combined with up-to-the minute sporting knowledge set the tone perfectly, ensuring things finished on a high.”
Wasim Khan, Chief Executive, Cricket Foundation ”Alison has hosted a number of our Chance to Shine events over the last few years and I can confidently say that her reliability, professionalism and attention to detail is second to none. She is an accomplished presenter and has proved that she can adapt to any situation. The feedback that we have received from guests has been excellent, which leaves with me with no hesitation in recommending her to anyone looking for a quality host.”
David Hartley, Chairman, Northamptonshire Cricket League “Alison hosted the 2015 Northamptonshire Cricket League Dinner & Awards in front of 450 guests and I can confidently say that her reliability, professionalism and attention to detail is second to none. Alison is an accomplished presenter and proved that she was able to adapt to any situation. The feedback that we have received from our guests and everyone associated with the event has been excellent. Almost everyone commented that she was like a ‘breath of fresh air.’ I do not hesitate in recommending her.”